Wednesday, May 5, 2010

bell peppers, our veggie best friend

Nine times out of ten, if you were to drop in unannounced on our Mongolian kitchen you would find bell peppers sitting in our fruit/veggie bowl. We go through them like other people go through daily things like milk or coffee.

They are available at the market consistently, both Hol and I like them a lot and they're easy to cook in a variety of dishes. Hence the bell pepper is our vegetable-version of a best friend here in UB.

A few weeks ago I attempted stuffed bell peppers:

The filling was a mix and match of random stuff we had in our fridge/cupboards, including some leftover tomatoes, rice, half a can of corn, some spices and some onion. I also mixed in a little spaghetti sauce and olive oil for moisture, although these were certainly more on the dry side of stuffed peppers.


I made waaaay too much filling, so I stuck the extra in the bottom of the dish and then set the stuffed bell peppers on top. I stuck them in the oven for awhile and voila- two of our favorite things: bell peppers and rice, together, in something other than stir-fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment