Monday, August 9, 2010

homemade granola

I've been intimidated at the idea of making granola for years- opting to buy it instead of make it. For whatever reason I was convinced that it would be complicated, hard or something that I would inevitably mess up.

In Mongolia the only place that attitude gets you is missing favorite foods that you can't buy here.

Enter an easy stovetop granola recipe from AllRecipes and my determination to try it.

It took all of maybe 15 minutes and turned out way better than I had hoped. I doubled the recipe and added an extra tablespoon of honey or two...and it was incredibly easy to make.



I added cashews and raisins (no almonds or dried cranberries in these parts- not unless I want to pay an arm and a leg) and then enjoyed some with milk and then took the rest with me to Khonghor for our ger building festivities. My friends here had no idea what it was but they loved it just the same :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment