Monday, May 23, 2011

sort of vegan brownies



these were my official first attempt at a vegan dessert. I was mainly excited by the idea of banana brownies and not by the fact that they would be vegan.

So I diligently saved two of my bananas from normal daily consumption and waited until they were nice and brown. And then I looked up the Chocolate Chip Banana Brownie recipe from the Daily Garnish blog (which I love) and got to work.

Near the end, I started thinking about the three Reese Peanut Butter Cup easter eggs that had recently arrived in a letter from my mom and were hanging out in my freezer. What better way to personalize a recipe than by adding peanut butter cups?

So I chopped them up, tossed them in and effectively ended the brownies future as a vegan dessert. Can't be vegan when you add in peanut butter cups :-)

I also just used all regular flour instead of using half pastry flour, and while they were still reallllyyyyyy good, I could certainly tell in the consistency that they would have been lighter had I used the pastry flour.

Also, a bonus of not using eggs in a brownie recipe is that you can stick the batter that didn't fit in the pan in the fridge and eat it like a DELICIOUS pudding for several days after.

Not that I did that or anything. Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment