Monday, June 20, 2011

when carrots are plentiful



I have Hol to blame for this most recent creation, as she introduced me to the joy of carrot cake cookies.

And then when I had an abundance of carrots, I couldn't help but want to make them.

And because one of the things that was top on my list of "things I wanted to eat when in America" was pumpkin, I happened to have a can of it sitting in my cupboard, calling my name.

And thus these carrot cake cookies became pumpkin carrot cake cookies.

Perfect with milk, tea or crumbled up in yogurt for breakfast.

I call this the grater from the dark place because it's always trying to cut off my fingers.

Eat up my friends. And when you can't eat anymore (or shouldn't) because you live alone and should never consume an entire batch of cookies, take them to your local thrift store (where you also happen to work). People will like them so much they will describe them with expletives. Points!

No comments:

Post a Comment