Monday, December 14, 2009

new recipes for old favorites...

Erin and I have been having some withdrawals from some things that we love from back home.

We both share a deep love for hummus and pita bread. I did not have high hopes for being able to make either but I decided to see if I could find some do-able recipes.

After finding some recipes I realized all we needed were some chickpeas for the hummus and some yeast for the pita...both have recently come into our possession.

I'm usually up for trying anything once (with the exception of animal parts that are too disturbing to even think about eating) so, I set off to the kitchen to give it a try...

(hummus)

(pita bread)

Both turned out pretty well. The hummus needs a few more ingredients to increase the flavor but I'll figure it out. The pita bread was delicious.

I made some pizza like things with both.

(half hummus/half regular pizza with tomatoes and yellow bell peppers)

(cheese pita pizza)

We enjoyed all of our new-old favorites here in Mongolia. And will love to make them for you when we get back.

I've decided we're going to be chefs and geniuses in the kitchen when we return.

I also made jambalaya recently but forgot to take pictures, just imagine...it was good.

peace.
holli

No comments:

Post a Comment