Monday, December 28, 2009

peppermint brownie cupcakes

thanks to the wonderful arrival of a few Christmas-themed packages, I had cocoa powder and peppermints at my disposal when pondering what to bake for my secret santa.

the result of such lovely baking supplies (thank you Hollingsworths and Talbotts) was the creation of peppermint brownie cupcakes.

we don't actually have any sort of cupcake pan, but I just set them on a cookie sheet, figuring the funny looking shapes wouldn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

I cut up some of the peppermints and threw them into the brownie batter and then I placed whole peppermints on top.

The most wonderful thing happened- all of the peppermints melted and sunk down, forming a peppermint bottom to the brownie cupcakes.

Chocolate and peppermint has never before tasted so good.

And you better believe I left a few behind for Hol and I, and my secret santa got a Christmas sized serving of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment