Sunday, February 28, 2010

crazy pretzels


i love salty foods. especially pretzels.

Hol and I tried making pretzels when we had been here about a month and did not yet know where to get yeast or what it looked like (our efforts are documented here).

They were good, but definitely not made with yeast (despite our best intentions).

So I've been waiting to try another go at pretzels, this time using what I knew for sure was yeast.

And so, Saturday morning I did just that.

First, I made some regular, salt pretzels.

And then....well, then I got a little crazy with the pretzel toppings.


Here from clockwise we have: poppyseed, cocoa with marshmallows, sprinkles and sugar, crushed up animal crackers, oregano and cinnamon sugar, with another cocoa with marshmallows in the middle.
I think my favorite so far has been the oregano- it tasted like a really good bread stick that should be dipped in tomato sauce.

Next time maybe I'll attempt some chocolate-covered pretzels :-)

1 comment:

  1. i don't know about those sprinkles!!! i like salty not sweet : ) next step - a delicious tomato dipping sauce!

    or, as i do, a thin pool of olive oil on a plate with sea salt. YUMMMMM.


    jam

    ReplyDelete